Cristina Goggio Banks
|Phone: (510) 642-3232 Fax: (925) 253-9432
|Office Hours: F 526, W F 2:30-4:00
- Ph.D., University of Minnesota
- B.A., University of California, Berkeley
- Principal and Founder, Terranova
Consulting Group (formerly Human Resource Solutions), 1986-present
- Board of Directors, Chalone
Wine Group, 1999-present
- Board of Directors, Whole Foods
Market Inc., 1992-1999
- Executive Consultant, State Farm
Insurance Companies, 1997-present
- Program Director, Center for Organization and Human Resource Effectiveness
(COHRE), University of California, Berkeley,
- Former President and Founder, Leadership California
- Alumnus, Leadership
- Advisory Board Member: UC Extension Certificate Program in Training and
Human Resource Development; UC Extension Certificate Program in Human
- Editorial Board, Human Performance
- Banks, C.G., and May, K.E. Performance management: The real glue in
organizations. In A.I. Kraut and A.K. Korman (Eds), Evolving Practices in
Human Resource Management: Responses to a Changing World of Work. Jossey-Bass
- Banks, C.G. and Murphy, K.R. Narrowing the research-practice gap in
performance appraisal. Personnel Psychology, 1985, 38,
- Banks, C.G. and Roberson, L. Performance appraisers as test developers. Academy
of Management Review, 1985, 10, 128-142.
- "HR Audit: The Procedural Perspective: Helping Small Businesses Make
Smart Human Resource Practice Choices" (with K. May). Society for
Industrial/Organizational Psychology Annual Meeting, St. Louis, 1997.
- "Affirmative Action: Equal Opportunity or Equal Results?" Society
for Industrial/Organizational Psychology Annual Meeting, San Diego, 1996.
- "Downsizing and Other Organizational Transformations in the Public
Sector." Society for Industrial/Organizational Psychology Annual
Meeting, San Diego, 1996.
- "Narrowing the Gap Between I/O's and CEO's: What CEO's Need to
Understand About I/O Psychology and What I/O Psychologists Need to
Understand About CEO's." Society for Industrial/Organizational
Psychology Annual Meeting, Orlando, 1995.
- "Implications of Workforce 2000: Selection and Training." Paper
presented at the annual meeting of The American Psychological Association,
San Francisco, CA., 1991.
SELECTED INVITED ADDRESSES
- 1997 The New Zealand Psychological Society Industrial/Organizational
Psychology Conference: "Performance Management in the 21st
- 1997 Workshop of the Academy of Social Sciences of Australia: "Issues
- 1995 Northern California Human Resources Council Annual Meeting:
"Performance Management in the Next Century."
- 1995 "Complying with the ADA: Matching Workers' Physical Capabilities
To Job Demands" (with K. May and K. DeStigter). Human Resource Planning
Society Annual Meeting, Ithaca.
- 1994 Northern California Human Resources Council Annual Meeting:
"Assigning Work to Disabled Workers at NUMMI."
- 1994 South Bay Chapter on Diversity Programs: "Organizational
Restructuring and Downsizing: Implications for Affirmative Action."
- 1994 South Bay Chapter of Cal Business Alumni: "Empowerment and
Self-Directed Work Teams."
- BA 10 (The Corporation and the International Business
- BA 151 (Human Resource Management)
Last Updated July 30, 2000