Abstracts and Data
- Information Disclosure, Cognitive Biases and Payday Borrowing (with Marianne Bertrand), Journal of Finance, December 2011, 66(6), pp. 1865-1893. Lead Article.
///// Brattle Prize Winner for best paper in corporate finance in the Journal of Finance, 2012.
// // State of Texas implementation of disclosure rules with our design
- Payday Lenders: Heroes or Villains? Journal of Financial Economics, October 2011, 102(1), pp. 28-44.
- Are Incentive Contracts Rigged by Powerful CEOs? (with Vikram Nanda and Amit Seru), Journal of Finance, October 2011, 66(5), pp. 1779-1821. (Data: Power Measures for Companies)
///// Data: Power Measures for Companies
- Discussion of 'Financially Fragile Households' by A. Lusardi & P. Tufano, Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Spring 2011
- Who Blows the Whistle on Corporate Fraud?(with Alexander Dyck and Luigi Zingales), Journal of Finance, December 2010, 65(6), pp. 2213-2253.
///// See Section 922 of the Dodd-Frank Act for implementation of our main finding concerning /////// //////whistleblowing and money incentives here.
///// Data: Summaries of [Alleged] Corporate Fraud Cases and Cases & Dates
- Are Elite Universities Losing Their Competitive Edge? (with E. Han Kim and Luigi Zingales), Journal of Financial Economics, September 2009, 93(3), pp. 353-381. Lead Article.
///// 2nd Prize Winner of the Jensen Prize for the best paper in corporate finance and organizations ///// for the Journal of Financial Economics, 2009
- Patriotism in Your Portfolio? (with Sophie Shive), Journal of Financial Markets, May 2010, 14(2), pp. 411-440
- What do High-Interest Borrowers do with their Tax Rebates? (with Marianne Bertrand), American Economic Review Papers & Procedings, May 2009, 99(2), pp. 418-429
WORKS IN PROGRESS
- Politicization and Governance in Pension Funds: Explaining Performance; with Alexander Dyck and Lukasz Pomorski), coming soon.